Reach supports six widget areas:
- Default sidebar: Displayed on pages and posts in the right column.
- Campaign sidebar: Displayed on individual campaign pages in the right column.
- Campaign below content: Displayed on individual campaign pages in the main column underneath the content, but before the comments area.
- Footer left: Displayed site-wide in the footer. Multiple widgets are added below each other, on the left side of the footer.
- Footer right: Displayed site-wide in the footer. Multiple widgets are added alongside each other in rows of three, on the right side of the footer.
To manage your widget areas:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Customize.*
- Open the Widgets tab.
- You will see widget areas displayed that match the current live preview.
– If you want to edit the Default sidebar, navigate to an individual page, post or your blog archive.
– If you want to edit the Campaign sidebar or Campaign below content, navigate to an individual campaign page.
– You can edit the footer widget areas from any page.
- Select the widget area you want to edit. In this example, I have chosen the Campaign sidebar widget area:
- Click Add a Widget to add a new widget. You can also click an existing widget to edit its settings.
- When you have finished making changes, click the blue Save & Publish button at the top of the customizer panel.
* You can also do this via Appearance > Widgets, but the Customizer gives you a live preview of your widgets as your add them.