Charitable Easy Digital Downloads Connect allows you to raise money for causes using Easy Digital Downloads.
To set up EDD Connect you will need:
- Charitable plugin installed and activated
- Charitable Easy Digital Downloads Connect extension installed and activated
Creating contribution rules
- Go to Charitable > Campaigns if you are editing an existing campaign, or Charitable > Add Campaign to create a new campaign.
- On the campaign editing page, look for the + Add New Contribution Rule button inside the Donation Options tab. Clicking on that will open up a little form where you can enter how much should be contributed (either as a fixed $ amount or a %), which products it applies to, as well as the start and end date for the rule. The end date can be left blank to have it as an open-ended rule.
- Click Save Draft.
- After the page reloads, scroll down to the Donation Options tab. There will be some new settings there since you create a contribution rule. These basically allow you to add a section at the bottom of the campaign page where people can see the products they can purchase to contribute to the campaign.
Showing the contribution note with download purchase buttons
An optional setting you can enable is to add a note to download purchase buttons that shows how much will be contributed to fundraising campaigns. This is how you set that up:
- Go to Charitable > Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings. You will see an option to decide whether you want to show much each download is contributing to the cause. Tick the box to enable it.
- Click Save Changes to update your settings.
If you enable that, it adds a little note below the standard EDD purchase button.
A note about gateways
When Charitable Easy Digital Downloads Connect is activated, all donations / contributions are made through the EDD checkout. Charitable can be used without EDD and has its own gateways to support that, but we disable all those when EDD is running to keep everything part of a single checkout experience.